Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Mom's of 2 (or more) kids...

I have a question! Did you second baby come around the same time as your first? Earlier? Later?

I'm just curious. I keep hearing that if it's your first baby, the chances are greater that you will go overdue. I was fully expecting that, and got the shock of my life when my water broke on it's own at 37.5 weeks. Avalynne was born 12 hours later.

So now I'm 37w1d with #2, and I'm curious if the 2nd follows the pattern of the first? I haven't dropped yet, but I've been reading that usually with your 2nd+ pregnancies, you don't drop until maybe the day before, even the day of birth. I've also been having a lot of BH over the course of the week, but nothing substantial. I started losing my plug last week, but nothing over the last 4-ish days.

I am so uncomfortable, and ready for this baby to make it's appearance. I *know* that it's still early, and if the baby cooks a wee bit longer, it's better. But man. I am sooooo done this! I want to meet this little one already!!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DD 1 came at 38 weeks. DD 2 came at 38 weeks. DS came at 39 weeks and much, much faster.

I was induced with all three of my babies though and my OB seemed to be on vacay every time I wanted to have a baby. LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

dd 1 came at 36 weeks...dd2 was a planned csection at 38 wks, but i was in labor with her when i went in.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My first was born at 35 weeks...fast...got to the hospital at 7:30 pm and he was born at 9:52 - natural.

Because DS was premature I was considered high risk for a 2nd premature birth...well no one told Miss Ella that b/c she didn't want to come out. I went full term and had to have a c-section b/c she was so big.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh, you're getting so close! Hang in there!!

I would have given anything to last that long with my 2nd. My first was born at 37 weeks...picture perfect pregnancy, but she wanted to come early. With my 2nd, I started pre-term labor at 30 weeks and we held on until 35 (water broke, so no hope for postponing any longer!). We spent two weeks in the NICU, but she's my fighter and doing awesome now at almost 8 months old (so hard to believe).

Wishing you lots of good delivery vibes...thinking you'll meet that little one very soon! I noticed a big increase in my energy level a few days before each of them were born. Other than that, they were just low, low, low...enjoy these last few days/weeks as much as you can!

T.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1st was due on 26th Dec and he came on the 21st Dec.
2nd was due 11th Nov and he came on 16th Nov.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So glad that your little one is doing well Teresa! How scary to be having pre-term labor! I know I'm lucky that both my babies decided to stay put until the full-term mark - a lot of girls in my March birth club have had theirs already (one 3 weeks early, one had hers at 21 weeks - heartbreaking).

The hard part about being this far along are the comments by well meaning people, you know? Like the ones who see me and express their shock because "You're still here??", or the ones who post on my FB everyday asking if I'm in labor because I haven't changed my status in 5 hours... it gets so tiring. It starts to wear on me, and then *I* just want it to be over too, lol. Even though I know I could have another 3+ weeks of waiting! I wish other people would just be patient, so *I* can relax too. Blah!!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post

The hard part about being this far along are the comments by well meaning people, you know? Like the ones who see me and express their shock because "You're still here??", or the ones who post on my FB everyday asking if I'm in labor because I haven't changed my status in 5 hours... it gets so tiring. It starts to wear on me, and then *I* just want it to be over too, lol. Even though I know I could have another 3+ weeks of waiting! I wish other people would just be patient, so *I* can relax too. Blah!!
I used to hate things like that! I had a few people say to me(complete with huge bump still) Oh have you not had the baby yet? Erm well does it look like it! LOL!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I honestly think they are all different. My pregnancies have all been different, and when they come. I am right there with you wanting this baby to come, but this is #4, and I have learned that they come when they are ready to come. Good luck sweetie!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hmlentz

I went early with ALL 3 of mine. Actually, each one was earlier than the one before. I would be ready, but not expect it.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately I can't tell.. .my son was born early at 29 1/2 weeks (by emergency c-section because I had pre-eclampsia) and my daughter was born by scheduled c-section at 39 1/2 weeks, but I was having early contractions the day she was born though so she would've been born that day or after anyways

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DS was born at 39 weeks; total hours of labor was eight
DD#1 was born at 39 weeks; total hours of labor was six
DD#2 was born at 36 weeks; total hours of labor was four
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DD born at 40w. Water broke late in the evening of 39+6, she was born 18 hours later.

DS born at 40+3 . I was soooo expecting to have him sooner than 40w. He was born after 8.5hrs of labour.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My first was born at 40 weeks 1 day, I was in labor on her due date but she wasn't born until early the next morning.
second was born at 40 weeks 1 day
third was born at 39 weeks 3 days
4th was born at 41 weeks
Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This is something I always wondered, too, just cause my son's was so not what I expected to be (pre-term labor, then born the day I hit 37 weeks, with a very short labor). But I only have 1 kid and not sure I will have another so who knows.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first was 10 days early... my second was 15 days early... so with my third I was REALLY expecting her early... and of course, she came right on her due date! Longest two weeks ever! I'm hoping this baby is 2 weeks early (for many reasons!) good luck!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls were both induced. My first was at 40w1d and she was born by lunchtime and we got in at about 6:30. My second was induced at 39w due to my issues with pre-eclampsia, she was born a bit before lunchtime. Apparently, I have fast labors. Still felt like an eternity to me.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first didn't drop until right at the end, about a week before I gave birth. And I gave birth around 2wks before my due date.

My second dropped WAY earlier. Felt like a watermelon between my legs for a couple months, lol. VERY uncomfortable. And he came FAST (barely had time for an epidural) - around 3wks before my due date
Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first son was 4 days early - a couple of hours of active labour
My second son was 3 days early - again, a couple of hours of active labour
My third came 1 day late (!), couple of hours of labour again, but the midwive had to do a procedure (external, on my belly) because he was not aligned. After the procedure, he literaly came out at the next contraction, lol!

Every baby is different!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

#1 for me was 3 days early {6 lbs 4 oz} about 12 hours of labor
#2 was 5 days early {6 lbs 8 oz} natural and I was in albor about 6 hours, he was born all naturale exactly an hour after I got admitted!
#3 was 10 days early {7 lbs 4 oz} natural to {not by choice though, just happened that way} and about 4 hours of labor with her
#4 was 7 days early {8 lbs 6 oz} epidual and about 4 hours of labor with him...didn't think he was every gonna come out and then found out he was over 8 lbs...glad he was 7 days early...

hope your time goes by quickly....
Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1st - 40 weeks
2nd - 39 weeks
3rd - induced at 37.5 weeks, but I was only like 1/2 cm dilated, and it took two tries inducing me to get progress, so I think she probably would have stayed in a while longer if she had been allowed.

Oh, and both boys were about 12 hours start to finish exactly, Belly was about 30 hours.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Baby #1: 39 weeks and 3 days
7lbs 5 ozs
13 hours and 32 minutes of labor all natural

Baby #2: 39 weeks and 2 days
7lbs 6 ozs
9 hours and 232 minutes of labor with epidural

Baby #3: 37 weeks and 1 day
8lbs 6 ozs
23 hours of labor with epidural

Baby #4: 38 weeks and 2 days
7lbs 7ozs
2 hours and 37 minutes of labor all natural

Baby #5: 40 weeks and 1 day
7lbs 6 ozs
3 hours and 7 minutes of labor all natural

And my babies 2-4 didn't drop until I was in active labor and baby #5 didn't drop at all, he was still high and floating at 10cm.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 02-27-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I have 2 kids, but they are 13 years apart, so I felt that both were "first" pregnancies really.

#1 - DS - was born about 4 days late
#2 - DD - was born at barely 30 weeks (29 weeks and 5 days to be exact). Totally normal pregnancy but water broke and I was induced 24 hours later. She weighed 3 pounds 4 ounces and spent 16 days in the NICU. When she left the NICU she weighed exactly 4 pounds. The NICU staff said they had never seen a preemie her age leave the NICU so soon, but she never needed oxygen, never had any bradys, held her body temp from day #1, and gained weight so fast that they let her go home. She is now an extremely healthy active 10-yo and one would never know she was born so early.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#1 - DD was born on her due date (so exactly 40 weeks), via emerg c-section, after 26 hours of labour!

#2 - DS was to be born via scheduled c-section at 39 weeks, but decided to arrive at 37 weeks, 6 days. (I went into labour, arrived at the hospital and they did the c-section right away).
Old 02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first was born three days late. Second was a planned induction four days early. Third came at 37 weeks by emergency c-section - to say I was surprised would be an understatement!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im certainly not one to try and make any labor predictions. I had DS#1 and #2 (twins) at 26 weeks due to incompetent cervix via emergency c-section. DS #3 was born at 36 weeks by c-section due to an infection in my amniotic fluid. I was scheduled for a c-section at 38 weeks with him.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DS #1 came as scheduled at 39. DS #2 had different ideas and came with a BIG painful BANG at 37

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

My first - 41 weeks
My second - 37.5 weeks
My third - 41 weeks 3 days

Anyone who says that they get earlier each time, is WRONG....look at my last one LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ds#1 - went into early labor with him 3 days late. I was in early labor for 4 days, induced, hard labor for 12 hours...never dialated, he went into fetal distress and we took him by c-section. 9lbs

ds#2 - I went into labor 3 days early...dialated, pushed for 8 hours, couldn't deliver him and ended up in a c-section again. 9lbs 5oz

ds#3 - scheduled the c-section one week earlier than due date. 9lbs 6oz

ds#4 - I was really big this time. We knew he was going to be bigger than the other boys. They wouldn't even let me attempt a vaginal birth, so we scheduled it one week early. I went into labor 9 days before my actual due date and went in and had the c-section. He was 10lbs 13oz.

I was asked from 5 months on with him if I was due anyday, and the last month I was asked every day if I was having twins.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

My first was exactly 41 weeks, my second came on his due date. The delivery of the second one was so much easier-- almost pleasant LOL. Best of luck to you. I hope you get to hold that little one in your arms soon!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DS1 was 5 days late, took 32 hours, and weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz.
DS2 was 12 days early, took 9 hours, and weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz.
I was all ready for DD to be early. From 37 weeks the OBs were telling me it would be any day. Ha! She was 1 day late, took 6 hours, and weighed 9 lbs 10 oz.

I went into labor on my own with all 3, and in spite of their size the 2nd two were easy births with just a few minutes of pushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4noisyboys View Post
ds#4 - I was really big this time. We knew he was going to be bigger than the other boys. They wouldn't even let me attempt a vaginal birth, so we scheduled it one week early. I went into labor 9 days before my actual due date and went in and had the c-section. He was 10lbs 13oz.

I was asked from 5 months on with him if I was due anyday, and the last month I was asked every day if I was having twins.
Wow, that's huge! I thought my biggest was big.

Last edited by rach3975; 02-27-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I used to hate things like that! I had a few people say to me(complete with huge bump still) Oh have you not had the baby yet? Erm well does it look like it! LOL!
I had SO many people say something like that to me, too!! I mean, I was as big as a house and I'd have clients at work go "So, have you had the baby yet?".

I truly didn't even know how to respond to that, because OBVIOUSLY not.

The last couple weeks are the worst, aren't they? Hang in there, I hope you get to meet that baby very soon!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

dd - 38 weeks, c-section due to pre-eclampsia and she was breech... plus, the amniotic fluid level was too low to do an aversion

ds #1 - 39 weeks, tried for VBAC but because of PIH they wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks so he was scheduled c-section

ds #2 - 39 weeks, scheduled c-section, first time I've ever been in labor though, night before he was scheduled so he was totally ready
Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My boys were both at 38 weeks. I fully expected DD to be early, too. She showed up at 39 weeks 4 days. That last week was torture! (Her delivery was also 10x longer than the boys!)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I was induced with both due to high blood pressure. Abby was due on the 23rd, induced on the 21st, 6 1/2ish hours of labor. JJ was due.. i actually don't even know lol but he was induced on the 21st as well and was born in about 3 hours.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

I can't remember exactly when mine were born because there was a lot of confusion about dates with the hospital and I can't remember what the decided on lol but these are rough estimates. They like being interesting Hugs Crystal xx
Lukas was born at 34 weeks, (3rd August 2002) labour time from when they started counting 7 mins he was born in a hospital but started his delivery in a toilet
Leo was born at 31 weeks, (24th August 2004) labour time was too quick for anyone to count he was born at Mark's mum house at the bottom of the stairs.
Logan was born at 37+1 day, (4th August 2009) nobody bothered writing down a time of labour since he was born in the back of the ambulance 5 minutes from my house.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

DS #1 - 10 days overdue, induced, after 12 hours only got to 2.5 cm so had c-section {10lbs 3.5oz}
DS #2 - scheduled c-section 10 days early {7lbs 13oz}
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasmummy View Post
I can't remember exactly when mine were born because there was a lot of confusion about dates with the hospital and I can't remember what the decided on lol but these are rough estimates. They like being interesting Hugs Crystal xx
Lukas was born at 34 weeks, (3rd August 2002) labour time from when they started counting 7 mins he was born in a hospital but started his delivery in a toilet
Leo was born at 31 weeks, (24th August 2004) labour time was too quick for anyone to count he was born at Mark's mum house at the bottom of the stairs.
Logan was born at 37+1 day, (4th August 2009) nobody bothered writing down a time of labour since he was born in the back of the ambulance 5 minutes from my house.

You have quite the history of delivering babies, lol!! I'm an hour from the hospital - I hope I have time to get there, lol!!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

My DD was born at 39 weeks and five days, my water broke and she came out 16 hours later.

With this second one I'm hoping she'll make her grand entrance a little bit earlier than her sister

Old 02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine had absolutely no pattern:

DS#1 was either 2 or 4 days late (I had a few different due dates), 25 hours labour.
Cody was 8lbs 3.5oz

DD#1 was 10 days late, induced labour (I had a bad reaction to the gel) lasted 9 hours.
Jenna was 6lbs 9oz

DS#2 was 5 days late, 3 hours labour.
Xander was 7lbs 6oz

DS#3 was 10 days early. Totally threw me for a loop, I wasn't prepared for that. lol Labour kept starting and stopping with no rhythm for over 5 hours (they wouldn't let me leave the hospital once I was checked in due to previous short labour). The doctor calculated labour only going from last start time that didn't end up stopping - 2 hours labour.
Quinten was 8lbs 3oz

Last edited by tuneskids; 02-28-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The earlier pattern happend for me.
DS (baby #1)-- 36 weeks with a 4 hour labor
DD (baby #2)--- 32 weeks with a 45 minute labor

Each kid is different. Both of mine didn't wanna stay in any longer than they had to. Both were super healthy and happy, so I was happy.