Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop emergency Please help!

I use PSE 5 but I think this ? could apply to any PS program. I installed a new photo action (i've done this many times before) and when I opened PSE it did the little green bar with the loading/building message... it was taking forever so I hit cancel and closed the program figuring it was just being difficult. When I reopened the program it loaded fast and fine EXCEPT I have NOTHING in the whole artwork & effects section. If I try to click a menu to pull it down it gives me a message "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

WTH? I restarted my computer but it didn't help. Anyone know what I can try? All the actions, etc. are in all their proper folders, I just can't get them to reload to the program. Please someone give me a suggestion since I can't very well scrap without shadows!!!! Am I going to have to re-stall the whole program? I hope not. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

do any of these tips help you?
http://www.mcpactions.com/blog/2011/...ions-elements/
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

you need to recreate the metadatabase file... that's what PSE was doing when it was taking so long... you need to let it complete that process, it takes a very long time, sigh... you'll have to go back and rename it again since the new file is incomplete