Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm
Default Need some input...WWYD?

I posted this on facebook, but I thought I'd ask here too...

I need input. I ordered Mother's Day Flowers for my mom and they were delivered today with the wrong card. Which wouldn't be a big deal to me EXCEPT that my mom is going through a divorce and the card said "For My Lovely Wife" which upset her very badly, thus completely ruining the surprise flowers :/

My question is, what would you expect the company to do for you in this situation? They "offered" me a $5 credit for the wrong card. Um I'm sorry, but this problem is worth more to me than a $5 credit on a $60 ruined order...wwyd?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They should give you your money back completely and offer a verbal apology to your mom, IMO. That would be correct customer service.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
They should give you your money back completely and offer a verbal apology to your mom, IMO. That would be correct customer service.
they totally need to give you a full refund for the flowers and a verbal apology to your mom.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My husband ordered me flowers last year for Mother's Day and the picture they showed was BEAUTIFUL. He even paid extra to get the largest arrangement. I had like 11 flowers for 85 dollars. He called several times. They ignored him. I called and they ignored me. Finally they offered a 25% refund after many calls and emails but it took months and months to get the refund.

So I would tell them what you will accept and would just tell them that is the bottom line. They did not deliver what you paid for. What they did would be kinda like sending condolences flowers to someone who lost her child and having the card say congratulations on your new baby....or something along thsoe lines. It just reminds her of the painful situation she is living with right now and ruined the whole thing.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Call and talk to a manager. I would think you should get at least 1/2 of your money back. Bad mistake. I realize everyone makes mistakes, but when you're a business, you have to make those mistakes right by the customer.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Full refund. That is ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ouch, that sucks! If it were me, I'd want a full refund and an apology!!

Last edited by breakingbrie; 05-10-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Full refund. That is ridiculous.
I would pitch an ever-lovin' fit. I would call them up, ask for the manager and tell them the whole story and tell them the only way to make it right would be a refund.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
I would pitch an ever-lovin' fit. I would call them up, ask for the manager and tell them the whole story and tell them the only way to make it right would be a refund.
This. Even if they refuse to refund you, you get a lot off your chest. If they do refuse to refund you, I would make sure I tell everyone I know just how bad their service is.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I am another one that would demand a refund!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

is it a large tele-floral place or a local mom/pop? they need to make this right.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

It's proflowers.com
Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That was one BIG mistake! $5 is a joke! They should totally be refunding you that money and sending an apology to your mom.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

did you pay with a credit card? maybe dispute the charge with your CC company ... sometimes they will reverse it if you didn't get what you ordered ... and you know, you really DIDN'T get what you ordered yaknow?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Wow! Sorry that this happened to you and your mom! I am really not aggressive enough most of the time when it comes to this kind of thing, but in this case I think I could manage to demand a refund. (((HUGS))) to your mom. IMO it is very insensitive of them to offer you a $5 refund... big deal. WTH are they thinking? I agree with Lorie about telling people that they have lousy customer service... AND make sure that you tell proflowers that you are going to tell people that as well. I hope you get the resolution that you deserve!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good luck with them. My MIL had a huge issue with them totally screwing up an order and they delivered the wrong flowers completely and several days late and she had a huge battle trying to get her money back. I think they owe you an apology and a full refund.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Full refund and an apology!!

Good luck!!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I agree with Lorie about telling people that they have lousy customer service... AND make sure that you tell proflowers that you are going to tell people that as well. I hope you get the resolution that you deserve!
I did this with an eyeglass store that treated me very badly when I complained about the quality of my glasses and the service I was given. The lens kept popping out and when I took them back, the manager was very snide to me and accused me of breaking them. That was on trip number three from Nappanee to Mishawaka and I was done with both her and the glasses. I told her right in the store I did not like her attitude and asked for the number to their customer service and proceeded to call CS right there in front of her to voice my complaint. I was very polite about the entire situation, never raised my voice or used harsh words. I got my point across, a full refund for the glasses that kept breaking and two new pairs of glasses to make up for my inconvience. I also got a 25% off coupon for my next glasses and 5 coupons to give to family and friends. I think she had to get a new job because when they called me a few weeks later to see how my new glasses were, I told them straight up I could not recommend their store because of the manager and the quality of their product and they told me she had been reassigned. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so you will need to be vocal about your displeasure. I am usually pretty reasonable and accommodating, but when pushed, I will push back. Especially when it comes to a $400 purchase and an hour round trip to the dang store 3 times! I need new glasses now and just will not go to look at any because this was such an awful experience. I hope you do not end up feeling the same way about sending flowers.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

profile gallery

We need to form a posse at kick some butt!
Seriously, they need to refund your money without question and make it right by sending a more appropriate bouquet and card. Sorry this happened to you and your mom.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would be calling and asking to speak to management, and keep asking for a higher supervisor until I got what I wanted, which would be a full refund and an apology. That is an AWFUL mistake to make!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okkkkkk ... now do iiiit!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ugh proflowers
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

If it were me, I'd ask my mom what she thought would make it right & then call up the company, ask for a supervisor & tell them exactly what happened & what needs to be done & badger until you get it.

Last edited by Stacey42; 05-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i think this is a really big mistake and the least they can do is pay youre money back and call youre mother to say sorry ! 5 doller is nothing on such a big misstake !
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry this happened. What a mess up.

To the marketing director of Proflowers.com:

Here is your real life example of the Power of Buzz. This customer has posted this pretty major mistake in your line of business on Facebook and this forum. How many times has this message been viewed? How many times will it be viewed over the next year? Do you know that it is possible that a year from now someone could search for Proflowers and this forum will be among the results?

After reading this, how many times do you think this customer is going to call you back for future orders? How many times will her mother call you to send flowers? What about their friends?

You still have an opportunity to turn this around. Cancel the charge for the order you messed up. Apologize to both mother and daughter by sending both small I'm Sorry Friendship type bouquets. I would also include a calling card in each bouquet. Include a card that states you are sorry about the mistake and that you would like to have the opportunity to continue to be their florist. Please accept this bouquet as an apology and please use this calling card to connect with your daughter/mother.

And since I know these responses are actually searchable through Google.

To the marketing director of 1-800-Flowers:

Woo Hoo! You have just been given a wonderful opportunity to show how you want to be everyone's first choice when sending flowers. I would contact this customer and explain how you read her story and were sorry to hear about this mistake by one of your competitors. You would like the opportunity to show her the 1-800-Flowers difference and your 100% Smile Guarantee. You would like her mother to have a positive experience by sending a complimentary bouquet with the CORRECT card.

The Power of Buzz goes both ways. What if she gets on here and Facebook and discusses how 1-800 Flowers is her super hero by fixing what another florist messed up?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I agree with all that has been posted. Proflowers must have some crazy profitable business that they think they can get away with that kind of mistake and offer only $5 credit. It's not just a card mistake. The entire bouquet of flowers is trash because the very sight of the flowers is a reminder of the card. You should definitely get a full refund. There are so many businesses around that understand the power of the social network now, that this kind of behavior will put proflowers out of business in no time. Or maybe they are already so far in the red already that they can't provide refunds????

And, thanks for the warning - I won't be using Proflowers for sure!