Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Planner Spinoff - Hobonichi Techno

So instead of posting in the other planner thread I wanted to post here because that way if people get annoyed they don't have to see my post there.. LOL

I was all set to get a planner but I know that the format probably wasn't meant for me.. I'm not really someone who wants to decorate with stickers etc but I do want something to write in everyday.. so that had me looking more at journals and notebooks. Then on instagram another friend posted about these and I fell in love..

Does anyone here use one or has anyone heard of them? There are posts all over instagram and pinterest.. now I just need to find one without a huge shipping pricetag

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2016/planner/index.html
Old 01-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't used one, but I'm sitting here making my own daily pages to go into my planner just because the I think having a page for each day to fill with thoughts, doodles, to dos, shopping lists and whatnot will help me keep my focus. I need a weekly planner to keep an overview of the week and everything that's going on, but a daily page for space to write things down and focus. I'm either putting the pages I make in my actual planner or make them into my own hobonichi style mini planner. I do want a hobonichi cover for my notebook though.

But if you're thinking of trying them out I'd say they're a good choice, although there are several other brands and versions of the same thing. You have the Midori traveler's notebook, you can buy covers on etsy to suit your mood/style, different "books" to go in them.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've been looking at DIY ones too! I feel as though i've fallen down a rabbit hole.. so much to see... hahaha
Old 01-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I follow a couple of people on Instagram who use them. I don't know a lot about them, but it sounds like they're a variation on a Traveler's Notebook? If so, I'm trying one this year. I made one to use as a Project Life planner. I'll use it to sketch out my layouts for photo placement. It was easy (and inexpensive ) enough that I ended up making a second one in a smaller size to keep in my purse (not for PL).

I've kind of fallen down the rabbit hole when it comes to planners lately, but my budget isn't nearly enough to buy every kind that I want. So I made one by starting with a Sugar Planner from Target (under $10), cutting out the inside pages, punching holes and adding elastic, then digiscrapping some inserts. Kit is all that glitters from Studio Flergs and Zoe, and I filled it with dotted paper that Mari Koegelenberg has on her blog for making Traveler's Notebook inserts.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I follow a couple of people on Instagram who use them. I don't know a lot about them, but it sounds like they're a variation on a Traveler's Notebook? If so, I'm trying one this year. I made one to use as a Project Life planner. I'll use it to sketch out my layouts for photo placement. It was easy (and inexpensive ) enough that I ended up making a second one in a smaller size to keep in my purse (not for PL).

I've kind of fallen down the rabbit hole when it comes to planners lately, but my budget isn't nearly enough to buy every kind that I want. So I made one by starting with a Sugar Planner from Target (under $10), cutting out the inside pages, punching holes and adding elastic, then digiscrapping some inserts. Kit is all that glitters from Studio Flergs and Zoe, and I filled it with dotted paper that Mari Koegelenberg has on her blog for making Traveler's Notebook inserts.

It looks gorgeous Rachel!
Old 01-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
It looks gorgeous Rachel!
Thanks!

Let us know if you get one, Kristin. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-03-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

sigh. KCB...you're in trouble...stop making me look at planners I now want...

(but I still you!)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Rachel that is beautiful!! I will let you know for sure!!

Sorry Erica lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I just need to find one without a huge shipping pricetag

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2016/planner/index.html
Did you try getting one from this Japanese site? It's way cheaper than the US stores. Some of the US stores where charging $35-$45 for the planner without shipping (plus they are all sold out anyway). From Japan, it looks like it's only $35 to N.America with shipping That seems comparable to some of the other "big name" planners...yeah - I spent waaaaay to long looking these things up last night
Old 01-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
Did you try getting one from this Japanese site? It's way cheaper than the US stores. Some of the US stores where charging $35-$45 for the planner without shipping (plus they are all sold out anyway). From Japan, it looks like it's only $35 to N.America with shipping That seems comparable to some of the other "big name" planners...yeah - I spent waaaaay to long looking these things up last night
Ok I think that IS what I'll do!!