Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads 2020... April

This is such an incredibly stressful time. How are you coping? I hope all of you are safe and healthy. My husband had walking pneumonia in late January and another respiratory infection in early March... so I'm incredibly stressed out about his health right now. I'm so grateful that he is able to telecommute for work and lower his risk of exposure. Then there's the distance learning debacle with my 3 kids - oy!! All of these upticks in my stress levels definitely increased my drive to read more in the evenings when my anxiety and pain are at their worst.

Favorites for March:
Have You Seen Luis Velez? by Catherine Ryan Hyde -- This was recommended in one of our past reading threads and I absolutely LOVED it!! Such a wonderful character-driven tale. HIGHLY recommend ♥ 5 stars!
The Betty Rhyzyk Series by Kathleen Kent -- There are only 2 books out in this series so far and I read both of them this month. The Dime (#1) - 4 stars and The Burn (#2) - 5 stars. It's an absolutely stellar example of a procedural crime series. I look forward to book 3 and discovering more about all the supporting characters in Betty's life. Highly recommend if crime/police dramas are your jam!
Recursion by Blake Crouch -- This one blew my mind... truly fantastic. Just... whoa!! 4.5 stars!
This Won't End Well by Camille Pagán -- I love Pagán's writing style and this one didn't disappoint. 4 stars
Signs of Love Series by Anyta Sunday -- This series! Seriously, so much fun. I binge-read all five of these books in a matter of days and completely lost track of how many times I laughed out loud.

Looking forward to seeing what you've been reading and adding a few of your faves to my TBR queue ♥

Last edited by lingovise; 04-01-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You read ALL of those books in March? That's incredible!!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Only 2...so busy with packing for our evacuation, purging for our move (that we won't be there to supervise), prepping for distance learning. Thought I'd read a lot on the 13 hour plane ride at the end of the month, but I just took the opportunity to sleeeeeeep!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

March reads! I loved Cold Sassy Tree & A Lantern in Her Hand I highly recommend.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:58 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm still reading The Stand, but i also just opened up one of my Book of the Month picks from a while back called The Couple Next Door. I just started it so I don't really have an opinion on it yet. I've added several of the books mentioned in this thread to my TBR list!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...uple-next-door